The content that has caught my interest this week as a programming novice.
C#, .NET and Visual Studio
- Sharpening Developer Productivity with ReSharper (Visual Studio Magazine)
I’ve known of ReSharper, but I’ve been hesitant to use it as some kind of crutch while learning. Now that I see I can get a free license as a student, I might give this a shot.
- The Habits of Front-End and Back-End Developers (DevToolsGuy)
A nice article on the different mental approaches between working on the front-end and back-end.
- Web vs. Hybrid vs. Native Apps – How to pick in 2015 (TJ Van Toll)
I’ll be honest here, I just looked at the link on the page labeled “Latest in Hybrid Development”. I didn’t know so many UI frameworks existed for PhoneGap and other “hybird” app building tools.
- 4 Essential Layout Trends For 2015 (Patrick McNeil)
I’m not a creative designer, but I like to pick out and analyze trends, so this was interesting.
Career, Commentary and Community
- .NET Developers Making Great Products (NCover)
Profiles of two .NET Developers,
Tutorials and Other Resources (Not Necessarily From This Week)
- ASP.NET 5 and AngularJS, Configuring Grunt, Uglify, and AngularJS (Stephen Walter)
I like to read tutorials like these just to get an idea of how some of the many moving parts work together to create a web app.