The content that has caught my interest this week as a programming novice.
C#, .NET and Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Time Saver–the layout you want when you want it (Susan Ibach)
A description of some layout-related features of Visual Studio 2015.
- The Developer’s Guide to the New .NET (Michael Crump)
A free eBook with info on relevant .NET info regarding C# 6, VS 2015, and more
- My Essential .NET Dev Tools (Spencer Schneidenbach)
Great list of tools. Didn’t realize how nice LINQPad was until I tried it.
- Pluralsight Acquires CodeSchool (TechCrunch)
Pluralsight now owns even more web development courses, although the subscriptions are remaining separate between the two services.
- AngularJS vs. Backbone.js vs Ember.js (Infragistics)
Career, Commentary and Community
- Most Important Tip To Be Productive At Work (Mahesh Chand)
Great productivity advice: Scheduling a block of time for tasks like email and social media helps keep you from being distracted by them outside of that block.
- MS Dev Show – DevOps with Steven Murawski
As an IT guy learning to code, I’ve been keeping an eye on the DevOps movement, or whatever you want to call it.
- Some Personal Questions About Programming (Video) (John Sonmez)
John Sonmez answering questions via YouTube, given to him by Pluralsight.