The content that has caught my interest this week as a programming novice.
C#, .NET and Visual Studio
- YouTube Downloader Using C# .NET (Code Project)
Small C# YouTube video downloader with explanation
- Object Oriented, Test Driven Design in C# and Java: A Practical Example Part #1 (Paul Mooney)
Another C# tutorial focused on Object-Oriented design. I think I’m going to follow and use this one in a future project.
- Learn To Program With 24 Free eBooks (David Voyles)
Suggestions for starter learning material: 1 suggestion for each of 24 languages
- Know It Prove It a Learning Challenge (Sue Gee)
A look into the learning challenge underway at Microsoft Virtual Academy
- ASP.NET MVC Controller Vs. Web API – 5 Things You Should Know (Bipin Joshi)
I don’t know anything about Web API yet, so this will be very useful for me to know.
- Check out Tuples in C# – A handy, easy to use data structure (Andy Schwam)
No, Andy, I have not used Tuples before. It’s on my list to learn now!
- Simple CSS-Only Row and Column Highlighting (Chris Coyier)
Some principles of CSS I didn’t know about.
- React.js: Introduction and Hello World with ASP.NET MVC 5 (Brij Mohan Dammani)
Career, Commentary and Community
- How To Get Your First Job As A Software Developer (Raymond Sanchez)
Not really focused on one’s first job, which is disappointing; this is basic, general career advice that helps reinforce what habits you’ll need to have to be a developer.
- How To Build Online Relationships Into Meaningful Networks (Mark Suster)
Networking isn’t easy for me, so any material I can get my hands on, I like to dive into